MIRACULOUS MEDAL SCHOOL OVERVIEW
The ongoing Covid 19 pandemic that our country and the rest of the world are experiencing at the moment has brought a lot of challenges and adversities to the economy, health and well-being of every citizen. It has changed our usual routines and had ceased operations of businesses and other essential institutions including schools.
Miraculous Medal School (MMS) is fully aware of the present crisis and its enormous adjustment and effect in the educational system which had created uncertainties and ambiguities. However, the school truly believes that it is essential and significant that education must continue regardless of the constraints and obstacles that we all face as we commit ourselves in rearing a child in their success.
This incoming school year is definitely a unique and different one. Aside from having a compressed curriculum and following Deped’s Most Essential Learning Competencies (MELC); our teachers and students will engage in a new way of teaching and learning. While this may prove to be challenging at the beginning, it will give our learners a chance to develop not only their critical thinking but also life skills by being responsible, independent and resilient individuals. Moreover, this will empower our teachers to design more authentic learning experiences by being creative, flexible and innovative. This is the “new normal”; let us all get on board and be ready to embrace it.
II. THE SCHOOL’S VISION, MISSION GOALS AND OBJECTIVES:
True to our commitment of providing quality education and holistic student formation, Miraculous Medal School will adapt the new normal in learning. As we face this latest landscape in education, we will adhere with our Vision, Mission, Goals and Objectives that will give us direction and central focus in everything that we plan, do and implement.
A. Vision of Miraculous Medal School
MMS is recognized as a leading educational institution committed to provide holistic formation in developing learners whose values and competencies enable them to realize their full potential and contribute meaningfully to society.
B. Mission Statement
Miraculous Medal School is committed to provide quality education that will assist each individual pupil to develop his potential as human being and acquire the essential educational foundation for his development into a productive and useful citizen of our country. MMS is dedicated to the development of responsible community members who:
Truly practice the Catholic teaching
Manifest the Marian virtues
Are proud to be Filipinos, and
Have a genuine concern for the environment.
As a Catholic School, MMS adheres to the principle that Jesus Christ is the center of our life. It helps the students to integrate faith and life leading him to personal transformation and shares in the mission of the church to proclaim the gospel of love, peace, and service.
As a Marian School, MMS promotes a warm and scripture-based devotion to Mary as mother and disciple of Christ. MMS commits herself to the formation of a truly authentic Christian who manifests Marian virtues of prayerfulness, obedience, humility, simplicity and charity.
As a Filipino School, MMS posters the love of country; inculcates unity and national identity; and instills in them appreciation of their glorious history and heritage. It helps awaken in the students’ awareness of their needs, problems and aspirations and translate this awareness into service for others.
As an Academic Community, MMS facilitates awareness, appreciation and development of the students God-given talents. It provides for a holistic formation of students through an integrated curriculum of physical, mental, emotional, social and spiritual development, which provides knowledge, skills and attitudes to meet life’s situation in the fast changing milieu. MMS undertakes the task of developing Christian Filipino citizens who are willing to share their potentials and expertise in the service of national development.
C. MMS Philosophy of Education
MMS believes that:
1. Every individual can learn if presented with the right opportunity to do so. It is the purpose of the school to invent and create learning opportunities for each student each day.
2. Students are central in the operation of schools for they are the primary recipients of what the school has to offer – opportunities that ensure optional conditions for performance, continuing growth and development.
3. It is the responsibility of teachers and administrators to ensure that students are provided with those things of most value to them, to the community and to society at large.
4. The curriculum is the raw material upon which students work, and all parts of the school system are to be organized to produce the greatest likelihood and students will successfully learn.
5. Continuous improvement, persistent innovation and a commitment to continuing growth should be expected of all people involved in the teaching-learning process to promote the articulation and persistent pursuit of the school’s compelling vision and mission.
D. MMS Educational Aims and Objectives
The MMS Educational Program from Pre-Elementary to High School aims to:
1. Instill the appreciation of their God-given gifts and talents by using them for personal growth and development and in the service of others.
2. Provide learning experiences that develop thinking knowing, valuing and doing skills to prepare the students for secondary / tertiary education
3. Provide experiences that develop the child’s aesthetic and cultural development.
4. Inculcate the value of group work and cooperation, responsible leadership and fellowship.
5. Cultivate moral and spiritual values through the Religion and Values Education Program.
6. Train them to be respectful of the dignity of others, of authority, rules and regulations.
7. Prepare them to carry on their role in the home, in the community, in the church and in society.
8. Guide them to continuously develop a lifestyle according to Marian ideals as being prayerful, obedient, humble, simple and refined in words and action.